Sunday, May 21, 2017

sold

The book I read was, "Sold." Sold is about a girl named Lakshmi that lives with her family. Lakshmi's family lived somewhere in the mountains of Nepal. Her family was very poor as well, they always struggled with money. Her stepfather had told her she should leave home and get a job as a maid in the city to support them. Her stepdad introduces Lakshmi to a stranger that agrees to her being a maid if she traveled with him. Lakshmi and the stranger took a long journey to the city. They arrived at the "happiness house." Lakshmi was full excitement and hope because she was finally making money to support her family. Then, Lakshmi realizes that her stepdad had sold into prostitution.

I didn't pick this book but my mom did. She had this book in her library and told me to read it because it was a great book. I agree with her because its crazy how people would do anything for money. This book shows the difficulties Lakshmi goes through but she doesn't lose her hope. I love this because even through the worst she remains herself, which is hard. I give this book a 9.5/10 and would suggest readers who like mysteries.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment